Kerala Lottery Results (Lottery Sambad):
What is the Kerala Lottery?
Kerala Lottery is a lottery scheme run by the Government of Kerala, which was established in 1967 by the then Finance Minister of the state, P. K. Kunju. The Kerala State Lotteries Department started to regulate the lottery schemes and to ban all private that were running at that time. The Kerala lottery department runs under the Finance Ministry of the Kerala government. It is the first of its kind started in India, run by a state government.
The objectives of starting the government lottery program were to provide employment to people and supplement government finance without disturbing the public. The same year all private lotteries were banned and the government started selling its own regulated lottery tickets. As it started becoming a success, other state governments also started following the model by creating their own state lotteries.
As of 2023, the Kerala lottery department has more than 550+ employees, 14 district offices, and 21 sub-offices. The Kerala State Lotteries include seven weekly lotteries in a week, a monthly draw each month, and 6 Bumper Lotteries in a year.
Who runs the Kerala lottery?
The Kerala lottery program is conducted by the Kerala State Lottery Department, under the Finance Ministry of the Kerala Government. The official lottery department governs all the lottery ticket sales, winner selection, prize distribution, etc.
Why lottery is legal in Kerala?
The Kerala government banned all private lotteries in 1967. Now, the Kerala lottery program is conducted officially by the Kerala State Lottery Department, which is under the control of the Kerala Finance Ministry. So lottery scheme is legal in Kerala and well-regulated and controlled by the Government.
is the Kerala lottery real(genuine) or fake?
The Kerala lottery is offered by the state government and the prizes are directly distributed by the lottery department. It is 100% genuine, real, and legal to buy and participate in the Kerala lottery.
However, there are some scams and illegal trade of lottery tickets online in the market by anonymous agents. Please stay away from them as it is illegal under the law of the Kerala government.
How many Kerala lotteries are there?
The Kerala lottery department offers 7 weekly lotteries in a week and 6 bumper lotteries in a year. The Kerala weekly lotteries are:
- Akshaya Lottery (Sunday)
- Win-Win Lottery (Monday)
- Sthree-Sakthi Lottery (Tuesday)
- Fifty-Fifty Lottery (Wednesday)
- Karunya Plus Lottery (Thursday)
- Nirmal Lottery (Friday)
- Karunya Lottery (Saturday)
The 6 Kerala bumper lotteries, that are conducted once a year are:
- Christmas & New Year Bumper Lottery (January)
- Summer Bumper Lottery (March)
- Vishu Bumper Lottery (May)
- Monsoon Bumper Lottery (July)
- Thiruvonam Bumper Lottery (September)
- Pooja Bumper Lottery (November)
How much is the prize of the Kerala lottery?
The prizes ranging from Rs. 70 lakhs to Rs. 25 crores are offered by Kerala Lotteries. Weekly lotteries usually have a first prize ranging between Rs. 70 lakhs and Rs. 1 crore. On the other hand, bumper lotteries offer multi-fold of prie money than weekly lotteries ranging between Rs. 6 crores to Rs. 25 crores.
The winning probability is high in weekly lotteries as they are conducted every week, unlike the bumper lotteries once a year.
What is the profit of the Kerala lottery department every year from lottery sales?
Please find below a few of recent years' sales and profits of the Kerala Lottery department.
- 2015-16 - Total Sales: Rs. 6317.73 Crores, Total Profits: Rs. 1461.16 Crores
- 2016-17 - Total Sales: Rs. 7394.91 Crores, Total Profits: Rs. 1691.05 Crores
- 2017-18 - Total Sales: Rs. 8977.24 Crores, Total Profits: Rs. 1695.04 Crores
- 2018-19 - Total Sales: Rs. 9264.55 Crores, Total Profits: Rs. 1673.11 Crores
- 2019-20 - Total Sales: Rs. 9972.97 Crores, Total Profits: Rs. 1763.69 Crores
- 2020-21 - Total Sales: Rs. 4911.52 Crores, Total Profits: Rs. 472.70 Crores
Kerala Lottery System & Winners:
How does the Kerala lottery system work?
The Kerala lottery program is a series of lottery draws organized by the Kerala State Lotteries Department, weekly and bumper model. These lotteries offer the chance to win prizes to people who purchase tickets of various types and prices.
Drawing the Lucky Numbers:
Winning numbers are chosen randomly with the help of a mechanical drawing machine in the lottery department office in the presence of officials.
Prizes and Distribution:
The prize money for each lottery draw is divided among the winners based on the number of tickets sold and the prize structure of that specific lottery. There are many small prizes and consolation prizes as well.
Supporting Social Welfare:
A portion of the funds generated from ticket sales goes toward supporting various social welfare programs and development initiatives in Kerala. These programs offer employment opportunities, enhance the education sector, and finance health and social welfare initiatives in the state.
How the Kerala lottery winners are selected?
The Kerala Lottery Department officially conducts all of its lottery draws in the office at Gorky Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram in the presence of officials. The Kerala lottery winners are randomly selected using a mechanical drawing machine with a buzzer that picks numbers randomly.
The lottery winners list is declared on the official Kerala lottery website and in local newspapers and websites. The prize money for each lottery draw is distributed among the winners, based on the number of tickets sold and the prize structure of the particular lottery.
Where is the Kerala lottery draw held?
All the Kerala lottery draws are conducted at the state lotteries office, located at Gorky Bhavan, Near Bakery Junction, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala - 695101, in the presence of the lottery department and other government officials.
Buy Kerala Lottery Tickets (Online/Offline):
How to buy Kerala lottery tickets?
The Kerala Lottery Department has a total of 55,400+ licensed agents and 150,000 licensed retailers across the state. You can buy weekly and bumper lottery tickets from any of these authorized retailers and shops throughout the state. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to buy any of the Kerala lottery tickets from these retailers:
- Find an authorized lottery retailer: Find an authorized agent/retailer in your locality. There may be many of them in each city. Choose the one to your nearest or based on your preferences.
- Pick a lottery (Weekly / Bumper): There are 7 weekly lotteries and 6 bumper lotteries offered by Kerala Lottery. Choose one of them you like, based on the price of the ticket and prize money.
- Purchase lottery tickets: Pay for the chosen lottery ticket by any of the payment modes available with the retailer and don't forget to collect a receipt for the purchase as proof.
- Ticket Safety & Precautions: After you purchase the ticket, write your name, and address and sign it on the back of the ticket. This will help you in case you miss or get a dispute later. Keeping a physical ticket safe is important as you will need to present the paper ticket to collect the prize when you win.
- Draw date & time: Note down the draw date and time carefully and make sure to check the results of the lottery draw on the draw day. As the Kerala lottery has a window of a maximum of 30 days to collect the prize, it is very important to act immediately after you win the prize.
- Check Lottery Results: On the date of the lottery draw, be sure to check the official website or our website for the live draw results and prize winner details. If you win any of the prizes, confirm with the government gazette and newspapers.
- Claim Kerala Lottery Prize: If you're a prize winner, follow the instructions provided on the back of your ticket to claim your prize. Typically, you'll need to submit the winning ticket to a lottery office or a bank for verification and to receive your prize within 30 days fo the draw.
How to buy the Kerala lottery online?
Kerala lottery department prohibited selling lottery tickets online through websites, WhatsApp groups, or any other online platform. It is illegal to buy or sell Kerala lottery tickets online. There are some anonymous agents who sell tickets online, which is against the rules of the Kerala Lotteries Department.
Kerala lottery agents and retailers are allowed to sell a physical form of tickets only within the geographical boundaries of the State of Kerala. So, always ensure that you buy printed tickets from an authorized agent and a retailer directly to avoid getting into any illegal scams and issues.
How to pay for Kerala lottery tickets?
As Kerala lottery tickets are directly sold by authorized retailers and agents, please use one of the payment modes available with them. Usually, they accept cash payments, as well as UPI payments (Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, etc). You can pay the exact price mentioned in the ticket and there are no additional charges or commissions.
What is the price of a Kerala lottery ticket?
There are two types of lottery tickets available, weekly lottery and bumper lottery. Ticket price varies based on the prize money and number of prizes offered.
- Kerala Weekly lottery tickets are usually sold for Rs.40 to Rs.50, each.
- Kerala Bumper Lottery tickets are sold anywhere between Rs. 250 to Rs. 500, each.
Which is the biggest lottery in Kerala?
Kerala bumper lotteries are the biggest and offer huge prize money compared to the weekly lotteries. There are six bumper lotteries conducted by the Kerala Lottery Department every year. The Thiruvonam Bumper Lottery usually has the highest prize money of all bumpers and weekly lotteries.
The first prize of Thiruvonam Bumper Lottery 2023 is Rs. 25 Crores.
Can anyone buy the Kerala lottery tickets?
The simple answer is Yes. Anyone can buy and become a winner of the Kerala Lottery, as such things happened in the past and many other state people won the Kerala Lottery.
However, Kerala lottery tickets are to be sold within the bounds of Kerala State. So to purchase a ticket, you should visit Kerala directly and buy a ticket. If you become a winner, you will need to provide proof of your physical presence in the state at the time of ticket purchase.
Can a person from Tamil Nadu buy the Kerala lottery?
Yes. People from other states including Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are allowed to buy Kerala Lottery tickets and win if they're lucky enough.
As we mentioned earlier, you will need to buy directly from an authorized retailer or agent in Kerala State. Also, you should have proof of your travel or stay in Kerala to claim the prize.
Kerala Bumper Lottery Results & Updates:
What is the next bumper in the Kerala lottery?
The upcoming bumper lottery is Pooja Bumper(BR-94) 2023, which is scheduled to be drawn on November 22, 2023.
Pooja bumper lottery has a first prize of Rs. 12 crore to one lucky winner and the second prize amount is Rs. 1 crore to 4 lucky winners. Pooja bumper lottery tickets are now being sold for a price of Rs. 300 each.
You can find the complete information on the Pooja Bumper lottery on the page here: Pooja Bumper Lottery (BR-94) Prize Structure, Winners & Results
Claim Kerala Lottery Prizes:
How to claim a Kerala lottery prize?
If you're a winner in any of the Kerala Lottery, you can claim the prize directly based on the amount you won from the below locations.
1. Prizes below Rs.5,000
Kerala Lottery Agents are allowed to collect prize tickets with prize money of Rs.5000/- and below and pay the prize money to the prize winners themselves and thereafter claim prize money on behalf of prize winners by exchange of tickets. The agents should clearly state whether the prize tickets are collected and whether prize money has already been paid to the prize winners by them while presenting the same for payment.
2. Prize Rs.1,00,000 and below
The prizes of Rs.1,00,000/- and below may be claimed from the District Lottery Offices /Lottery sub-offices. The prize winners from outside of the state of Kerala should present their prize claim of Rs.1,00,000/- and above before the Director of State Lotteries. The prize winners should record their names and signatures in the space provided on the reverse side of the ticket. Payment of prize money will be made only after ascertaining the genuineness of the tickets with counterfoils or by any other method as decided by the Director from time to time.
3. Prizes above Rs.1,00,000
The prize winners, who won more than Rs. 1 Lakh, should file their prize claims within 30 days from the date of the draw. The first and second winning tickets should be surrendered to the Director of State Lotteries in person or by insured registered post or through Nationalised/ Scheduled Banks/ State or District Co-operative Banks supported with necessary documents.
For more detailed instructions and documents required for prize claim, please visit this page: Complete guide on how to claim Kerala lottery prizes
How to claim the Kerala lottery prize of 500/1000 rupees?
You can contact any of the nearest authorized Kerala lottery agents to collect the prize. Kerala lottery agents are authorized to collect tickets and pay prizes below Rs. 5,000.
How long is the Kerala lottery prize valid?
All the Kerala lottery prize winners must surrender the ticket along with all the required documents to claim the prize within 30 days from the date of the draw. In the case of not being able to submit within 30 days, should be submitted with an explanation of the delay and proofs that support the same.
Kerala Lottery Winners, Prize Money & Tax Deduction Details:
What is the highest prize in the Kerala lottery?
Bumper lotteries offer the highest prize for the winners. Among all the bumper lotteries Thiruvonam bumper lottery has the highest prize amount for the first prize winner and also for a few more positions.
The most recent Thiruvonam bumper lottery first prize was Rs. 25 crore, which was recently given away to the lucky winner.
How much tax for Kerala lottery prizes?
Income Tax Act 194 B: As the lottery income falls under special incomes, 30% of income tax is applicable for any amount above Rs.10,000. Also, the tax slab would not be applicable and the winner can also not take benefit of the basic exemption limit. The tax will be for the final amount, after the deduction of the agency commission of 10%.
What is the tax on the 25 crore lottery prize in Kerala?
It is a common fact that most lottery winners are unaware of the fact that the major winning amount will go for tax payments and deductions. They should pay taxes for the entire winning amount. If the winner spends the entire amount before filing taxes and paying, it will lead to financial complications.
The tax calculations for the Rs. 25 crore bumper prize, are as follows:
- Total Prize Amount: Rs. 25 Crores
- Agency Commission: Rs. 2.5 Crores
- Tax deducted by the Lottery department: Rs. 6.75 Crores
- Surcharge: Rs. 2.49 Crores
- Cess: Rs. 0.37 Crore
- Total deductions: Rs. 12.11 Crores
- Winner's net amount: Rs. 12.89 Crores
On winning 25 crores, the winner will receive only 51.5% of the amount and a whopping 48.5% will go towards taxes and deductions.
Can the Kerala lottery winner be anonymous?
Yes. As per sources, the lottery winner's information doesn't fall under the coverage of the Right To Information (RTI) Act. The winner can claim the prize completely staying anonymous.
The state lottery rules prohibit sharing the winner's information publicly without the consent of the lottery winner. State lottery department also should obtain prior consent to publicly disclose the winner's information. So, staying anonymous is very much possible and rules protect anonymity, if you wish to be.
Kerala Lottery Guessing Number Today - Winning Formula, Tips & Tricks:
How to guess Kerala lottery winning numbers?
There are no proven methods to guess winning Kerala lottery numbers. People share various methods from time to time and no guarantee that any of these methods will work. The lottery winner is selected by a randomizing mechanical machine and no one can predict with mathematical formulas or astrology.
- No scientifically proven Kerala lottery-winning number-guessing tricks exist.
- Methods and tricks shared by people are based on personal beliefs and superstitions.
- These techniques lack scientific proof and mathematical analysis to support their effectiveness.
Common Kerala lottery winning number guessing methods include:
- Analyzing past winning numbers.
- Combining draw dates and previous results.
- Using astrology and numerology.
- Finding patterns in the numbers.
- Relying on personal visions and dreams.
However, none of these methods guarantee winning the lottery. The Kerala Lottery winner is chosen by a randomizing machine drawn in real-time in front of officials. It's a game of chance, and the winning number is randomly selected every day.
Kerala Lottery Results: Winners, Prize Structures, PDF Download
How to check Kerala Lottery Result Today?
There are several options to check Kerala Lottery results, live and delayed. We suggest to check our website for instant and comprehensive results of every lottery draw. Please find all the options available to check Kerala lottery results below.
- Our Website (Live): Visit keralalotteries.org for live draw results, where each prize position is published as soon as it's drawn, including details about the location and agent.
- Malayalam TV Channels (Live): Watch the live draw on channels like Kairali, Kaumudy TV, and Jaihind TV between 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- YouTube Streaming (Live): Check the official Kerala State Lotteries Department's YouTube channel for live lottery draw broadcasts.
- Official Result Page (Delayed): After the draw, the Kerala Lotteries Department releases results as a PDF file, which may take around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Kerala Newspapers (Delayed): Next-day results are published in select Malayalam/English newspapers of Kerala Edition; buy a newspaper to check the results.
How to download the Kerala lottery results today as a PDF file?
After completion of every day's lottery draw, the Kerala Lottery Department compiles the results and releases them as a PDF file. This will have all the prize positions, the prize amount, along with the winning numbers. The file is made available publicly for download after 1 hour of draw completion.